Toon Creator for Avatar Controller

Posted By Alley 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Alley
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Fashion Alley News -

Introducing the "Toon Creator" by Apparition - new Toon Characters for use with the fabulous FREE Avatar Controller available in the Reallusion Marketplace.  This release introduces "Barell" and "Pinty", cute characters with their own personal "animatable accessories".  This pack operates as a standalone, but makes a great companion to the Toon Maker by Reallusion by adding to the Character possibilities.

AVAILABLE HERE

Alley

Apparition
Apparition
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I am very happy to see how Friendship and Cooperation lead to unsuspected results!

When I saw the Avatar Cartoon concepts released by Reallusion I thought it was indeed a very clever move towards expanding the iClone possibilities beyond trying to achieve the impossible: true realism, as the Uncanny Valley look keeps annoying even the most complex production software, when pure humanoids are in vision.
The release of the Avatar Controller and several quite interesting character kits by Reallusion showed me iClone could be also a powerful tool for the creation of highly believable cartoon animations, beyond pure 2D.
Stimulated by Alley's suggestion on taking a look at the new features, suddenly I found myself experimenting and tackling a few characters and animation accessories.
Here again I struggled to maintain a high degree of compatibility with the G5 standard to truly complement iClone built in features.
The end result, thanks to the highly artistic drive and enthusiasm put by Alley in ALL our product,s is this marvelous initial release which we think will give hours and weeks of infinite pleasure to users.

These characters can exchange clothing with standard G5 types; can wear all the G5 accessories as well, do facial morphing and randomizing and of course use all the animation tools plus the NEW Avatar Controller given freely by Reallusion.

We hope this will contribute to stimulate the audience to purchase the Reallusion Kits to build Monsters and other characters, while we will keep designing and releasing more!

Thanks Alley!

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Alley and Mike, this is really a very nice new product. Congratulations! Wow 

I was hoping the Avatar Toolkit would give new inspiration to developers, and this is an excellent start...Cool

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Apparition
Apparition
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks Animagic!

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

Archie Andrews
Archie Andrews
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi this is great work! I am relatively new to iClone and. I also have toonmaker & avatar tookit + 3DExchange & CTA2 Pipeline.
I'm looking for some more in-depth tutorials on character creation such that I can create my own toon styles. I don't have the luxury of Maya but do have ZBrush so the typical idea is be able to create a basic character (some odd ball looking folk) and then be able to use them in iClone with animatable features. I'm missing some understanding here on the work flow. I have seen some good tutorials but this references Maya and Blend Shapes. How would someone do this if they do not have the luxury of Maya? I saw Avatar Toolkit & Toon Maker as a way but still feel I have a gap here. I would like to create my own unique style of models. Basically more simple looking characters similar to "Ted" in CTA2. Doesn't need so much details skin texture, nor body details like muscles. Think more in line "Toy Story" type characters on a low end. My main reason for this is to be able to make a cartoon series with simple animations, rather than life like realism.
TBH I hate those droid looking G5 Characters in iClone they have no sense of humour look to them, they look more like gaming type characters. Therefore no desire to animate them at all Hehe
Think more on lines Wallace & Grommit, Toy Story, Gorf (but simpler), flower pot men, basic body shapes with little definition or body shapes made from objects.
ANY help or advice really appreciated !! Smile
Thank you
Alan

Alley
Alley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Hello Alan, welcome to the forum. Smile

The toon characters here that Apparition has created, are based on the G5 standard...meaning they work with head/upper/lower/hands/shoes.  The clothing is a cloth made in 3dsMax.  These characters as you see them would not be possible without that program and Apparition is a teacher and has been using the program for years.  I simply do the clothing/hair and some accessories.  I also use Zbrush.

The beauty of this method, is that the characters are 100% compatible with all standard iClone motions with the added benefit of being able to use the avatar controller to animate the face parts.  And they can wear most any G5 cloth system.    The 4 characters that come with the Toon Kit do have some clothing options (i.e. material file changes), but their heads cannot really be used on other characters as they don't fit and if you add other G5 cloth systems to them, it changes the body underneath the clothes to that of the cloth you are adding.  Therefore it changes the shape and distorts the body.  These Apparition characters maintain their body shape and texture.

I don't think there is an easy way to create characters this way.  Apparition has spent hours in MAX reshaping the bodies of these characters in ways that would not be possible inside iClone.   I have been experimenting though, and what you can do is added these heads to Jimmy Toon or Mr. Pose...Jimmy Toon for sure can be exported to zbrush and reshaped...with Mr. Pose, you would probably need the export license.  Here is a pic of Mr. Pose Round using one of the heads.  One limitation though of reshaping the bodies is that you cannot change the poly count.  So if you export the "upper"...you can reshape it, etc. - but if you add any polys it will not let you replace the mesh in 3dxchange. 

Vidi, another fine developer, is creating her character from scratch and she uses 3dcoat and then rigs the character in DAZ.  This allows her to bring a dressed character into iClone and allows for some very unique body and character design...she is posting pictures of her work in progress.   This type of character is fixed (non-standard) though but if you have the time and skill, it is certainly possible.

Warlord creates characters in Zbrush (non-standard also) and rigs them and brings them in through 3dxchange.

I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable person around here when it comes to character creation so if anyone else has anything to add here, please feel free.

Alley

Alley
Alley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Introducing....

Another New Toon Creator Pack by Apparition - - Available HERE

Alley

Alley
Alley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

New Toon Creator Pack by Apparition

"Little Bugs" for use with Reallusion Avatar Controller

Available HERE

These are standard G5 Characters, that include Bug Eyes, Stingers, Antenna and Wings all controlled with the Avatar Controller that is free to download in the Marketplace.  Also included are the 4 bug Bases so that you can create your own bugs using the accessories that come with the pack or any of your other Toon Accesseries from the Monster or Toon Maker packs by RL.

Alley

Archie Andrews
Archie Andrews
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

You folks put me to shame hahaha ...
Great work!
I'm currently looking for some one 2 one training via Skype if you know anyone suitable ...
Wolfzone Digital
Wolfzone Digital
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

You should look up James Martin with iclone certified training. He does Skype lessons. You can email him at: jimmyiClone@gmail.com

WOLF'S TRADING POST IS OPEN COME IN FOR A VISIT

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/680ac2cc-79cf-4f18-bede-82c9.png

"May you one day see what my eyes have seen...and be better for it" - Wolf
www.wolfzonedigital.com

Reading This Topic