Profile Picture

How do I create water flushing out of broken pipe

Posted By krystal studio 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
krystal studio
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
How do I create this in iclone 5-
A Pipe burst and water flushes out of it gradually with full force..
This is for Doing Previz only.....

Any suggestions will be greatfull....

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Tutor

Tutor (3.6K reputation)Tutor (3.6K reputation)Tutor (3.6K reputation)Tutor (3.6K reputation)Tutor (3.6K reputation)Tutor (3.6K reputation)Tutor (3.6K reputation)Tutor (3.6K reputation)Tutor (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
If your goal is "pre-vis" then the accuracy (visual quality) isn't as important as it would be if you were producing a final product in iClone.

Good.  That gives you more freedom.

I had moderate success using a cloth, and changing the material properties so it was reflective and nearly transparent.

Try searching the forum for "water".

Here's a link to a thread.  The last post on that thread includes a link to a little proof-of-concept video I made.

Someone else did a pretty cool fountain.

One last thing... You can apply a VIDEO as a texture.  So you actually us a solid pipe and then apply a "water" video to the pipe.  For pre-vis work it might be sufficient.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

iClone6 Pro, and 3DXchange Pro

Homebuilt computer - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz, Radeon HD 6850 Graphics, 16GB 1600 MHz RAM, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, terabytes of disk space, and dual 28" monitors.

Edited
2 Years Ago by justaviking
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Tutor

Tutor (1.7K reputation)Tutor (1.7K reputation)Tutor (1.7K reputation)Tutor (1.7K reputation)Tutor (1.7K reputation)Tutor (1.7K reputation)Tutor (1.7K reputation)Tutor (1.7K reputation)Tutor (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
There are several "waterfalls" available from the Marketplace - just type waterfall in the search field. You can adjust the size and rate of flow to get something like what you are looking for. Here's a quick example with no adjustments made:

Gerry

System: Win 8.1 Pro, Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, Nvidia GTX 980 GPU(Driver 353.30), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

krystal studio
krystal studio
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)Newbie (15 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thank you....

Reading This Topic