Upcoming G5 Game Bone Character Promotion

Posted By KaiD 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kurzal
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago

"If you want something done, do it yourself"... Zorg was right! BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
So, take a deep breath and dive into a new and mysterious world of modeling of my own characters. What awaits me there? Sculpting-retopology-rigging-converting... anything else? Something like "blood, sweat and tears" I suspect? BigGrin But there is no other way. Cool And that's fine. Smile

--------
Igor

Tesira
Tesira
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Well kurzal, true said, I wouldn't like so much, to give my tears for this. A hobby should bring joy. But until now Im frustrated. Also if I attatch all bones to y, so the automatic convertion dosn't work with Shade pro. Would like to hear, if somebody has brought it to work with a other 3d program than Max.

Greetings
Tesira

kurzal
kurzal
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Blender is my choice Smile and modeling of characters for me is still a novelty... but if things turn out well, I will be sure to tell about it on the forum. And I hope that all will turn out well! BigGrin

--------
Igor

vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Actually for me it work with cheetah 3d , but I like not the weightbrush and workflow there.

Here you can see it "work" , but like I say, it needs adjustment with the Bone influence .
That is called weightmapping and it is not automatically correct, because every Mesh is different . How You should paint the weightmapping areas, is describe in the whitepaper .

Game Bone is only a premade rig that you can use, but it is not necessary.

I love the weightbrushing in DAZ/studio, and because I can not import the Game Bone Rig, I have now create my own rig and I have realy realy fun. BigGrin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
11 Years Ago by vidi
Tesira
Tesira
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
hi vidi,

yes in shade I also have this weight painting and also an automatic binding, which dos work very well. And as long as I dont use the automatic convertion in 3dXchange all dos work well and also all weights are right.
But if there is the possibility of an automatic convertion, so sure I also would like to use. Smile

Have a nice weekend
Tesira

vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

yes in shade I also have this weight painting and also an automatic binding, which dos work very well.

I have opened shade again and gave it a try , but I close now again BigGrin it is too confusing for me. Maybe I have no realy interest in this software and learn this GUI to use Hehe

Actually My DAZ CCT have pampered me too much
and I do not want to change my pipeline more.

liebe Grüße vidi

vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm done .BigGrin
I'm happy with the results so far
Such a awesome tool. I have no problems with retarging the facial bones, adjust the expression and . automatically Eyeblinking works too.

Now I want finetuning all a little bit

e.g. the calibration animation for the finger looks good in xchange, but not realy in iClone. actually only the thumbs . is there a trick to fix this a
maybe a special thumb pose or rotation

Anyway I have so much learned, also what I do make better with the next character and how I speed my workflow

Thank you RL it is a joy work with
xchange is a gift for developers Kiss
It's a nice feeling to create my own character and bring to life Smile

liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
11 Years Ago by vidi
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Can me Someone tell me how the rotaion order, for the eyes is
All works nice. look at camara ist correct but only eyes convergence is not right
Outwards and inwards rotating wrong . Maybe Someone knows and I can save my time to to find out self

Thank you ! Smile

liebe Grüße vidi

Vit3D
Vit3D
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi Vidi,

Normal Eyes operation in G5G depends from several factors:

1 How You "attached" Eye mashes to head.
Eye meshes should be not only skinned to eye bones, but also linked to them.

2 How You set up key-frames for eyes in preset sequence.
You should maximal, but possible for humans eye rotation and You should rotate not meshes, but bones only.

3. How You "map" Eyes in 3DX.
You should map only eye bones, but not eye meshes.

Check all of this and maybe this fix issue.

Vit

vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

not only skinned to eye bones, but also linked to them.

How You set up key-frames for eyes in preset sequence.

You should map only eye bones, but not eye meshes.

w00t ??? What ? BigGrin

Sound very strange all to me. I think max is more complicated as it should be Tongue

Maybe you not understand me . I mean, look at camera works already , but only the eye convergence(in the look at menue) rotate up and down not outwards and inwards . I think it is a rotation Bone thing, that I can fix with the proper rotation order.

liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic