Upcoming G5 Game Bone Character Promotion

Posted By KaiD 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KaiD
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
Hi all!

You may already know about our monthly Marketplace promotions from Bruce's post here.

If you missed it, be sure totake a look at our brand new, revamped Theme Promotion Page! These monthly themes will be heavily promoted by Reallusion in banners, newsletters, and other marketing material. We've provided the schedule ahead of time to allow you to organize your upcoming content production scedule in order to maximiize the exposureand sales of your content.

One of the best upcoming promotional opportunities will happen in December, with our Low-poly G5 Game Bone promotion. The G5 Game Bone is an exceptional new developer tool that Reallusion has provided to help you to produce the best looking and most functional models that don't take up tons of resources.

The G5 Game Bone is also brand new to the Marketplace, so there is tons of demand and sales potential for low-poly characters based on this new rig. We will be heavily promoting developer G5 Game Bone characters both in Reallusion and external marketplaces as well. Be sure to pick up the Facial Pipeline Pack, which includes the G5 Game Bone, and get started!

To further aid you in your quest to produce characters based on the G5 Game Bone, we've decided to offer the whitepaper free of charge to anyone who is interested in developing; you no longer need to be a Reallusion member! So if you have friends, or know anyone who is interested in producing characters based on the G5 Game Bone and making money in the Marketplace, you know where to direct them! Download the FREE G5 Game Bone Whitepaper here.

If you're not familiar with character modeling or rigging, there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube using various software that show you exactly how to do it. We encourage all of you to give it a shot, and if you're still not up to it, notify a friend who might be! As always, feel free to contact me at kai@reallusion.com if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Kai

Edited
11 Years Ago by KaiD
Tesira
Tesira
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
hi Kai,

this is really nice content and I would like to use. But have you ever calculated, what a content developer has to buy, before he can begin to develop content for iClone?

Greetings
Tesira

KaiD
KaiD
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Hi Tesira,

Depending on what sort of content you want to create, you will need to invest in different software.  For example, with character creation you'll likely need to pick up a copy of 3DS Max or Maya in order to do all of the rigging and skinning.  However, you can also use something like Blender for free.  Creating unique content takes time, resources, and dedication, but the rewards are well worth it.  You can hone your skills and become good at something, and make money by selling it in the Marketplace and Content Store as well.   

The Facial Pipeline pack has 3 unique fully-rigged character models as well as the G5 Game Bone, which gives you a big head start to developing your own character.  It might not be for everybody, but I can let you know that Reallusion plans to focus on this sort of simplified bone rig in the future.  Just like any hobby, you can spend as little or as much as you want on it.  Keep in mind though, with content development, you can make that money back as well. Smile

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
You say free G5 Game Bone Whitepapers.

The page from what I can see does not show any free G5 Game Bone whitepapers.

So now confused. That does not take much these days.

Are you refering maybe to the G5 Charater Whitepapers or is there a step by step in the facial pack that I cannot see.

Duchess Designs Store 

Tesira
Tesira
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
hi Kai,

well I develop for some years now content for iClone. Sometimes I was in the top seller list with my child characters, which I have had sold 6-10 times.
If here are developers, who really have made much more money with selling content in iClone, than they have spend in software and content, I would like to know them.

Greetings
Tesira

vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
this is really nice content and I would like to use. But have you ever calculated, what a content developer has to buy, before he can begin to develop content for iClone?

Tesira , It is not a ready to use content, if you think , but a guide to master the supreme disciplineBigGrin
It is a rig without mesh. You need modeling and whitepainting your own Character of course.

I belive Its not so easy, like it sounds BigGrin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
11 Years Ago by vidi
KaiD
KaiD
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sorry for the confusion, I'm a little rusty at the forum thing! Tongue

The G5 Game Bone Whitepaper link will be up in this post later today, and probably today/tomorrow in the Developer Resource Center. You can also email me and I can send it to you that way if you'd like.
KaiD
KaiD
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Proper link is up folks... enjoy! 

For those interested, here's a quick 7min tutorial that outlines the basics of how to rig and skin in Blender: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rhD4PV1Fc

You may need to do some minor skin-weight editing depending on your character, but this should get you started. Smile

vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
For those interested, here's a quick 7min tutorial that outlines the basics of how to rig and skin in Blender: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-rhD4PV1Fc

Hmm ? Hehesure that will work properly , because no Hip no abdomen no chest BigGrin

Also I think the main features should be facial Game Bones. BigGrin

Ok I'm actually here with a another issue

I'm just study your whitepaper and I noticed there is a mistake in the description.

In the Image left, would be the Tongue on the LowerLip , but in the Image right the Hunters Tongue Bones is on the Jaw Bone, what make more sence for me.

Very good description, I'm learning a lot from this Smile

additional I recommend this facial bone rigging tutorial. http://eat3d.com/facialrig
Not all in this tutorial is necessary to learn, and it is not necessary to have maya , but it learn the basic of facial bones settings and weighting.

Another Question, is necessary to have the tongue bones for a auto-convert to an iClone compatible rig ?
I want recreate my own bone setup with your Guide , but I want to do without the tongues Bones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
11 Years Ago by vidi
Vit3D
Vit3D
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi Vidi,

Left image is correct -- it shows that LipLower and TongueR have the same hierarchical level (column position for these bones is the same). And both these bones linked to the Jaw bone.

Vit

Reading This Topic