Reallusion WASD controller

Posted By lundon 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
"My words speak for themselves!"

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
This post was actually written before PSD posted.
================PREPOST===========
Yeah you're not reading my entire post.

I jsut TOLD you that Game maker AND Unity BOTH SHOW THIS.

I understand that showing a step by step tutorial will help a user realize how everything works together which is WHY I said it'd be useful... in that SAME POST. I understand the concepts. Press button, jump. Collide with enimy, health variable gets subtraced. Collide with goal, level ends, display a score.

And for a 3rd time, THIS is why I picked a different engine to start with.

As to why uScript doesn't have full tutorials yet, it's still in beta and... oh wait, users have made some tutorials and the forums there are pretty darn helpful too. Before opening any IDE to write any tye of script, understanding the basic logic is vthe most important part of any programming language and since almost every game in every engine uses an OOP based language, the logic's pretty much the same for any engine.

I've taken a programming basics class already and have written a few simple programs myself which I'd be happy to show if someone asked.

And FYI sw000000p, you're on the Internet, words NEVER speak for themselves.

---------------------------
You seem to do this a lot. Not that anyone doubts your skill, but all the time you seem lik you're saying,

"Oh you don't know how to do this! LEARN HOW TO DO IT! I know how to do it. Here, I'll prove that I do by using a bunch of technically advanced terminology on the subject. Oh, I also am very good at using IFcode as well. SEEEEEEE???"

I understand you don't wanna explain every little detail and that's fine. but you sure do seem proud of the fact that you know so much more than everyone and then won't show prof of it...

If you did show something, even a screenshot like "I did THIS and it required MORE than those E/Z buttons." then a quick screenshot of a piece of your code to prove it... it'd still come off the same way, but at least then people would really see that "Oh man this guy seems kinda rough but he knows what he's doing." Now it just seems like you're just saying stuff... not saying it doesn't have value or that it doesn't make sense... but your cretability may appear lower than I'm sure it actually is.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Edited
11 Years Ago by Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

I'm just taking it one step at a time right now.

***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ah nice. Was that a custom controller?

I had a similar demo although not as many functions.

I have a marble rolling game somewhere too but don't feel like digging it up. She doesn't have as many functions, but still. Just used the normal Unity 3rd person controller for her.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As it stands now none 'cause I didn't add any.

I could've put a collision plane at the bottom and made it so hat the level was more like a platformer. I think she could jump too but I just didn't have her do it.

The simplest game only needs two elements in that example, A kill plane, and a goal. The rest can be done with simple blocks... Although Unity's collision is kinda funny when it comes to moving objects.

I can show my marble game if you want. That actually has collectibles and the like.

Game maker really is showing me how the basic logic works and I think I could go back and use uScript, but I'll stick with Game maker a bit longer first.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Reading This Topic