Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

New iClone Marketplace Category & Content Uploader Update

Author
Bruce (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Dear all,

Reallusion wants to thank all of you for your years of creating so much high-quality content for our iClone community. Due to your effort, the Reallusion Markeplace has become one of the biggest on-line content libraries in the world. In order to provide better searching experiences for all the users, Reallusion has decided to re-organized the display categories of the Markeplace.

The new display categories will have 3 menu levels for users to choose from. The 1st level will be the following categories.

Character

Motion

Head

Project

Set

Combo

Stage

Each category will have its own 2nd and 3rd sub-levels of more specific categories. You can go to iClone content page in the Marketplace to check out all these new categories. 

http://city.reallusion.com/market/iClone

Already-Uploaded Content

For the items and packs already uploaded, you can go to “Edit Item” or “Edit Pack” in “Manage My Store” page. Then you can select the category location you want your content to be found at in the Product Information section.

You can add up to 3 categories to one single item or pack. For example, a G5 standard medieval warrior can be added as “G5 Official Bases”, “Male”, and “Medieval” under “Character → Standard Human” category.

In this way, the content will be found in these three categories.

New Uploaded Content

For the content you have yet to upload, we’ve also updated the Content Uploader for you to display your content in the correct place. First update your Content Uploader to the latest version, then you'll find that there are new drop down menus for Category under the Type section for you to select. Here we suggest you select one category which is most relevant to your content. If you want to add more categories, then you can go to “Manager My Store” to add more after you upload the content.

Leave your comments about the new category classification system

If you have any suggestions, please leave your comment under this thread.

Best Regards,

Reallusion Team

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

Vit3D
Vit3D
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Bruce, thanks for information. Really useful addition! Smile

And small suggestion...
Unfortunately I did not found 3rd category for developer's clothes models.
For example, how I can set correct category for this product - PR5FC Shoes Pack ?

Will be good to add something like this -
Character > Outfits/Textures > G5 Developer Clothes (and G3 Developer Clothes)
This especially important in new version of Uploader, because now Category is required parameter for uploading.

Vit

hj
hj
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
hi Bruce (RL)

Drag and Drop does not work.

best

hj

Fehler gehören zum Leben.
Was zählt, ist, wie man auf Fehler reagiert
Niki Giovanni
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a2f83b8-b491-4e74-bf8b-6a98.jpg

Alley
Alley
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Overall I think this is a great improvement to the marketplace experience and I think it levels the playing field for all developers for their content to be visible.

As Vit points out, there probably could be a few more categories but maybe over time this can be adjusted.

The only other comment I have which I have made before, is that "by default", the marketeplace shows "packs" over indivitual items.  For me personally, this is actually an advantage, as I rarely upload anything as a single item.  But many do, and their content is not seen on the default marketplace rotation unless the user selects "item".  Therefore, I think individual items uploaded do not get the same visibility.  I don't really know why there is a distinction there anyway but this is just my opinion.

In any case, the revamp is quite an welcome change, so thanks.

Alley

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As uncategorized assets are not showing up in the search I'm sure that will cause a stir. Alas...

After classifying all my available content I have a few suggestions regarding the categories. I had difficulty in categorizing some basic items.

Props
* Household Props
* Business/Workplace Props
* Institutional Props - Education, Health, Religion, Public Service and Cultural
* Heritage is a confusing term (Historical perhaps?)

Image Layer
* Other - In fact Other should be added to all of the category lists but its omission is glaring here as there are only 4 category all of which are very specific

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

dicho
dicho
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Bruce, thanks for information.

I did not found toon category in standard human characters
how I can set correct category for this product ? Other?
I believe that we must have a toon category in the group category of standard human characters.

cheers
animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
I found the Architecture category a bit too broad, as there doesn't seem to be much in the way of specifying the type of building, stating whether it is one or a group of buildings (like a city block or a complete village), and providing a rough indication of the period.

In general, I think that a categorization by period would be useful in many cases, as we often want to set our movie in a specific time.

But, it's a good start and will assist users (including myself) finding the stuff we need.

It would also be nice to perhaps have three tabs: Item Only, Pack Only, and All (with All being the default). That would give those that don't sell in packs equal opportunity.

Oh, and I noticed something else: the Freebie category is missing for Heads and Props and maybe others as well.

EDIT: I found something else that may have been there all along, but the font size of the title of an item causes anything over two lines (about 30 characters) to be cut off. I guess I may have to shorthen my titles...Crying

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
11 Years Ago by animagic
Bruce (RL)
Bruce (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.5K reputation)

Vit3D (4/9/2013)
Bruce, thanks for information. Really useful addition! Smile

And small suggestion...
Unfortunately I did not found 3rd category for developer's clothes models.
For example, how I can set correct category for this product - PR5FC Shoes Pack ?

Will be good to add something like this -
Character > Outfits/Textures > G5 Developer Clothes (and G3 Developer Clothes)
This especially important in new version of Uploader, because now Category is required parameter for uploading.

Dear Vit,

For this kind of model content, we suggest you can select Character > Standard Human > G5 Developer Bases.

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.

Bruce (RL)
Bruce (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

hj (4/9/2013)
hi Bruce (RL)

Drag and Drop does not work.

best

hj

Dear hj,

Do you mean dragging content from iClone to Uploader?

My testing works fine. Please provide the screenshot of your content and the wrong message so that we can find out what the problem will be.

Thanks,

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.

Bruce (RL)
Bruce (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thebiz.movies (4/15/2013)
As uncategorized assets are not showing up in the search I'm sure that will cause a stir. Alas...

After classifying all my available content I have a few suggestions regarding the categories. I had difficulty in categorizing some basic items.

Props
* Household Props
* Business/Workplace Props
* Institutional Props - Education, Health, Religion, Public Service and Cultural
* Heritage is a confusing term (Historical perhaps?)

Image Layer
* Other - In fact Other should be added to all of the category lists but its omission is glaring here as there are only 4 category all of which are very specific

Dear thebiz,

Here are our suggestion categories for the content you mentioned.

* Household Props: Set > Props > Indoor
* Business/Workplace Props: Set > Props > Indoor or Others
* Institutional Props - Education, Health, Religion, Public Service and Cultural: Can you give us some examples about these kinds of content?
* Heritage is a confusing term (Historical perhaps?): We'll further consider about this naming.

For "Other" option, we'll review category list again and see if there is need for adding in other categories.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.

Reading This Topic