Preset for Automatic Full-Talking Character Import

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
Video coming!!

If you wish to import your DAZ hair with morphs, and you do not have the dummy bones, it is easy to do.

first, you must have a bone structure that iclone recognizes in order to morph in real time inside iclone.

Load a genesis base, and add and texture the hair, if you only wish to use the hair and not the avatar, ignore the texture on the genesis base; you will decimate the mesh out later. If you want the hair to morph on that specific character, then load it up as you wish.

for the Hair only option, open up the timeline and scrub across to a new location and morph your hair as you wish, continue this process until you have all the hair morphs you want.

Once this is done, select the genesis character in the scene tab, select surfaces and slide the opacity slider to 0. with genesis selected in the scene tab (do not selecy your hair), open decimator, ensure "remove invisible surfaces" is checked.

click prepare to decimate.

This will remove the genesis character and leave only your hair, but the genesis rig is still there.

Export fbx, include animation, be sure to edit the morph rules.

Import into 3dx5.4, it will automatically recognize the daz rig. open up the expressions tab and the morphs you loaded in your timeline should be available in the cutom tab of the expressions window.

Select your mouse motion (upward, rightward, etc) and move the sliders next to your morphs until you achieve the desired appearance. do this until you have all the combinations that you want (be sure to click set after each one), then export your hair "character".

You can now puppet these morphs with the facial puppet if you select the 3dx custom template at the bottom of the puppet panel.

link the hair to an avatar and puppet away.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 20 minutes ago
Here is a zip of morphs for Genesis, 182 in fact. I didn't see anything in the readme about not distributing, so go ahead and download.
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

will these morphs load automatically when you export with lip sync or do you have to manyally load these into the timeline?

animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
rcsinger, thanks you for all your research. I'll have to study it.

I have a comment about Mimic 3.0, which I have. It does not work with Genesis characters. I wouldn't want people to spend $99 on it.  It is called from the LipSynch function in DAZ, so it also would not be available in 64 bit.

Mimic is a very nice program and it's a pity it hasn't been updated in years. DAZ has a tendency to abandon capable software that they acquire.

BTW, I received an email that the DAZ Introductory Pack has been updated. The included characters are now fully facial-animatable. It would save you some time if you want to experiment and you don't have to run out and buy the new pack.

I tried to save the Expression profile in 3DXchange of one of the Introductory characters and apply it to another DAZ Genesis character (to use instead of the DUF file), but no luck.Crying

Of course, I'll admit that I don't know what I'm doing...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (3/12/2013)
rcsinger, thanks you for all your research. I'll have to study it.

I have a comment about Mimic 3.0, which I have. It does not work with Genesis characters. I wouldn't want people to spend $99 on it.  It is called from the LipSynch function in DAZ, so it also would not be available in 64 bit.

Mimic is a very nice program and it's a pity it hasn't been updated in years. DAZ has a tendency to abandon capable software that they acquire.

BTW, I received an email that the DAZ Introductory Pack has been updated. The included characters are now fully facial-animatable. It would save you some time if you want to experiment and you don't have to run out and buy the new pack.

I tried to save the Expression profile in 3DXchange of one of the Introductory characters and apply it to another DAZ Genesis character (to use instead of the DUF file), but no luck.Crying

Of course, I'll admit that I don't know what I'm doing...Unsure

I tried to download the updated pack but I was not clear on specifically WHAT link to use.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

rcsinger29 (3/12/2013)
will these morphs load automatically when you export with lip sync or do you have to manyally load these into the timeline?

If you put them in the timeline, and follow the standard procedure, they show up. Alternatively, you can set "morph export rules" in the FBX dialogue. Basically you click on add rule, give it the name of the morph or family of morphs you want, and set it for export. I think the keyframe method is a little easier because you don't have to type a bunch of rules.

I have not found morphs for the jaw movements yet (the face itself, the teeth and gums seem to be mapped in 3DX already as a bone map).
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@rampa

I added some keyframes with the outer and inner brow motions, then tried to load the lip sync track. When I did this, the character didn't lip sync to the track. The track loaded, the eyes moved, but the mouth and other expressions didn't occur.

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

here is the rough video of morphing DAZ Hair linked to Gwynns head.

I didn't uncheck the head tilt and rotate so it looks a little goofy. I fixed this in another vid and it looks much better.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@rcsinger29

Perhaps putting them in different parts of the track? I saw no reason to keyframe these. I actually have an export rule for the visemes. It is named ".CTRLVS" and set to "export". It must have been put in by Mimic Live or whatever the Mimic package is, because I did not create it. I assume yours are the same from your description above. The only difference that we have is I'm running 64 bit.

EDIT: It is Mimic Live DS4 (64bit) that I have installed. It came as part of the install package.
Edited
11 Years Ago by rampa
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

There was no lip sync option in my 64bit version. Mimic is installed but not activated. The only was I get all the visemes is in the 32 bir. The 64 bit only exports a few of the facial animations. Perhaps it's a setting somewhere, but I read about the lip sync on the Daz forums. I tried it and it worked.

Reading This Topic