Preset for Automatic Full-Talking Character Import

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Unless the .DUF file was very expensive to develop I'm surprised it's not just included, at least for current Pipeline users. That would have been a nice gesture. The Facial Animation Pipeline pack seems a steep price even when discounted.

Hmm, am I complaining? Blink

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
everything the duf file can do , you can do in 3Dx5 and save the profile, - which even with the duff file, I'm going to make custom profiles anyway for special characters...This patch is more than just a patch, it's like a whole upgrade. it's more than just facial morphs. The spring feature is a hot item all it's own. Sorry guys, not meaning to sound like im swinging a different direction....I'm for balance and the RL guys worked hard on this and did more than they originally offered.

Edited
11 Years Ago by planetstardragon
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
yes yes.. I purchased 3dx5 pro and the daz devolopers pack specifically for this purpose. we have been promised we would have talking DAZ characters for a year now, "included free for existing 3dx5 pro and pipeline users" and now it seems as though all they can do for free is look around. That or custom load your own morphs that will not automatically adjust to the iclone face key.

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

planetstardragon (3/11/2013)
everything the duf file can do , you can do in 3Dx5 and save the profile, - which even with the duff file, I'm going to make custom profiles anyway for special characters...This patch is more than just a patch, it's like a whole upgrade. it's more than just facial morphs. The spring feature is a hot item all it's own.

How?

I cannot get the mouth to move.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

it's all there , you have to export the right settings in daz, - you can actually export a lot more morphs than just the mouth. The only real difference is you have to adjust the faders.

Update - make sure you have your morphs export box checked - and make sure your rules are right ... make sure this statement is added .CTRLVS as export

once you get the character in 3DX5 , you have to open the expressions list and program the viseme page - it is not programmed ...that's why your facial expressions aren't happening yet. As I understand it, all the duf file does is auto-program this page, but it's not something you can't do without it.

Edited
11 Years Ago by planetstardragon
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

please accept my dearest apologies Team RL!!!

a simple checkbox seems to be the key between an ecstatic customer and one full of rage!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
rcsinger29 (3/11/2013)
To be honest, The game rig appears from what I have seen to be a very powerful tool. If I understand it correctly, it would appear as though you can "rig" an obj with it.

I WILL purchase the facial pack due to the extra features, but I am VERY VERY disapointed if not downright angry that I still cannot make my Daz characters talk. all they do it look around.

to be clear, I cannot afford to purchase it at the moment and I changed my work off-day to tomorrow JUST SO I COULD USE THIS NEW TOOL!

The Genesis Extension files supplied free with the Character Pack allow you to automatically add Genesis characters to 3DXchange5 and have the facial mapping done for you.

However you can add facial expressions manually yourself in Daz Studio 4.5, and then after exporting as FBX, map the expressions in the 3DXchange 5.4 Expression Editor. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 55 minutes ago
There is also the save icon in the expression editor. It would be a good idea to save these settings for all your other DAZ avatars.

I assume 100 percent is best for the sliders, as we can probably tune it within iClone now.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

after having experimented with several original daz creations, I can safely say, you will want to tweak all the settings anyway - a character like a child vs a character like a Giant troll are going to have different movements - so one profile doesn't fit all - it's good to have a standard profile for a start - but programing the movements will be a skill / art all it's own, especially considering how far you can take it beyond the standard viseme settings and including eyebrow and cheek movements per expression. w00t

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

as I said in my post
do a puppeteer ani,
save the .duf pose, tweek it for bespoke characters using extra morphs if desired.
a troll might have eyes pop for ah! for example.
if it Genesis, 3dx5.4 will still do an expressions preset based on what you used with each viseme.

Reading This Topic