iClone 5.4 Update is here!

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
There's alot in this I can deploy as well. I'm very impressed. I have Three Monsters in the wings who've been waiting to employ this.
I particularly like the animation control after the initial animation has been recorded.

Armstrong.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
My DAZ figures are automatically detected and converted in 3DXchange, but will not talk in iClone. I noticed there is a "bonus" plugin that comes with the "Facial Animation Pipeline". I am assuming we need this plugin for iClone to recognize our newly converted DAZ figures? Even if the plugin is a free bonus, it requires buying an expensive pack which I really don't want or need.
animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
rampa (3/11/2013)
My DAZ figures are automatically detected and converted in 3DXchange, but will not talk in iClone. I noticed there is a "bonus" plugin that comes with the "Facial Animation Pipeline". I am assuming we need this plugin for iClone to recognize our newly converted DAZ figures? Even if the plugin is a free bonus, it requires buying an expensive pack which I really don't want or need.

That doesn't sound right. There shouldn't be any extra cash outlay to make the DAZ characters (or any others) talk. I thought that was the whole point...Ermm

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

msstowers
msstowers
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)Veteran Member (624 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
From what I can tell though I haven't dove into it. All the Daz Genesis Extension gives a duf file that reallusion filled in all the facial morphing on the timeline so when the fbx is exported everything is there.

As I said I haven't really dove into it but I'm sure it would work without spending the extra cash for the addon it's just going to take more work rigging in 3dxchange.

If I am wrong then I am wrong but that is what I'm taking from reading the web pages.

Someone with more knowledge may need to step in and correct me.

Mike
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
i was already doing the viseme and facial morphing before i even knew what a duf was lol - I just know I had to export the facial morphs from daz and program the morphs in the expressions panel. It was a bit of work, but fun work since you can really get deep into customizing each character.

so part 1 is making sure you are exporting a file with morphs

part 2 program the morphs in the expression panel -

from what I understand, if you use the duf file, you don't have to do all the extra programming - but I dig into that panel anyways just for making each character unique. I'm testing the Duf now -

The programming can be a bit tedious because when you get into advanced morphing - like beyond speech and standard viseme and add body stuff - for some reason Daz doesn't always export everything normal - so before you even begin to program, you have to make sure all the faders are set to zero - the duf file will hopefully help bypass this step - as it could take a few hours depending on how customized you want your character. so it would be faster to just tweak than start from scratch.

technically the duf file is a convenience item, but not a necessity.

Edited
11 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
The key to getting the morphs you want is in the FBX export under "Morph Export Rules". Once you have this open, add a new rule, set its name to the morph you want, and set the action to export by clicking on it. It defaults to "Bake", so its easy to change to export.

You can use a group name. EG, I have a whole bunch of eyebrow morphs from ShareCG. I put "Eyebrow" as the name in the rule and it exported every eyebrow morph. Flipside is that you may want to be very specific with the names in your export rules.

Then as planetstardragon says, dive into the panel in 3DX and set those morphs!

Then, as I suggest, save the settings (its the little disk icon in the expression editor).
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
yep, i'm trying to learn to control that part of it now - I have to do more programming to my rules - the broad searches can pull too many things and take forever to export an fbx - its nice to have all that morph power - but not necessary when you want to only use 20 out of 200 morphs and go cross-eyed from constantly scanning that list for the morph you want heh!

digitath
digitath
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Reallusion!! You are very great!!!)SmileSmile KissKiss
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
I think Warlord has a couple of pretty good tutorials for those looking at this thread and thinking "whaaa?". He's using the "one click" thingy but explains things well as he goes.

Poser to Iclone
Daz to Iclone

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
as I said in the other thread
use puppeteer in Daz studio
do a dot for each morph slider in head parameters then cycle through them creating keyfames
this bakes the morphs to te animation for FBX export fir ANY figure

then after converting to nonstandard
look at the pictures in the expression editor and use those morph sliders to match those visemes
for ANY figure, even just simple open close mouth morph ones, varying it to resemble them best.
you can save the profiles too.

the .duf file only makes it a no brainer for Genesis but not needed if you manually do the morphs then save the profile for reuse.
I did a lot of animals inc milcat, dog, the horse2 and llama and created viseme maps to reuse quite easily.
had to remap eyes and jaw too in the bone retargeting but not hard added tail spring too.
this was without any preset Genesis assets, I did get them for my beta testing but only looked later!
so while handy for just Genesis, not needed and no use for other figures where doing as I suggested works very well and is simple.
For my own Carrara rigged and morphed models it was simply a matter of creating morph targets in the vertex room, simple eye, mouth and lip movements, having them all on the timeline for fbx export then matching the visene pics.

Edited
11 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz

Reading This Topic