Marvelous Designer Clothes in ICLONE

Posted By prabhatM 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi,

Anybody knows how to bring a Cloth Designed in Marvelous Designer / CLO 3D and apply to ICLONE character as cloth ?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi prabhatM,

Welcome to the forum, while you can import the clothing as obj into iclone as a prop through 3DXchange, there is currently no way to attach the clothing to move along with the character rig, meaning you can't pin the clothing to follow the rig thus it will stay stiff like a standard prop. You can get away with it on simple things like a choker, earring, bracelet as these things will follow a wrist but something like a dress that would require to be deformed like the character will not follow a running motion that requires bending/deforming.

The work around to this would be to export a character, attach the clothing to the character and re-rig it in a 3rd party software so that the clothing will get attached to the bones, then re-import it as a non standard character through 3DXchange5.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Smile

Edited
11 Years Ago by planetstardragon
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

planetstardragon (2/7/2013)
Hi prabhatM,

Welcome to the forum, while you can import the clothing as obj into iclone as a prop through 3DXchange, there is currently no way to attach the clothing to move along with the character rig, meaning you can't pin the clothing to follow the rig thus it will stay stiff like a standard prop. You can get away with it on simple things like a choker, earring, bracelet as these things will follow a wrist but something like a dress that would require to be deformed like the character will not follow a running motion that requires bending/deforming.

The work around to this would be to export a character, attach the clothing to the character and re-rig it in a 3rd party software so that the clothing will get attached to the bones, then re-import it as a non standard character through 3DXchange5.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Smile

Yes, it works perfectly fine while exporting the cloth to DAZ and then getting the DAZ character along with the cloth into IClONE. It moves along the bodyline when the character performs.

I was wondering how to do that with ICLONE's native character.
Edited
11 Years Ago by prabhatM
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
it may be worth putting in a wishful feature for this - I can see how pinning clothing in 3DXchange5 when remapping bones could be a possibility. I'd be cautious to request such things to happen in iclone itself though simply for the sake of keeping iclone running smooth and delegating this kind of feature to 3DX. Cheers.

Pitanimation
Pitanimation
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)

It's high time someone give a tutorial on how to dress I clone characters in Marvelous Designer. 

There is no such thing as a lack of opportunities for the man who is living the Advancing Life.
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
prabhatM (2/7/2013)
Hi,

Anybody knows how to bring a Cloth Designed in Marvelous Designer / CLO 3D and apply to ICLONE character as cloth ?

What version of Marvelous Designer are you using???

If you have  MD 4 or 5, you could do the following (this is a possible method based on information, although I haven't tried this method):

In MD 4 and 5 you can import and export FBX.  So if you export the iClone character  as in 3Dxchange 6 as FBX, you can bring it into MD clothe it, not export from MD as FBX, import back to 3Dxchange 6, convert to Non-standard, then bring into iClone. OR use the character(s) in MD, clothe, export as FBX, then bring into 3Dxchange, convert to non-standard, send to iClone.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Edited
8 Years Ago by sjonesdc
Pitanimation
Pitanimation
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)

Thank you. I'm going to try it. But I an wondering if the clothes will deform along with the mesh body. Let me give it a try.

There is no such thing as a lack of opportunities for the man who is living the Advancing Life.
Bigus
Bigus
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
it won't work. 
you need to skin clothes to mesh.
otherwise they won't conform.

Embrace simplicity
Reduce selfishness
Have few desires
(Lao Tzu) 

kieranrafter01
kieranrafter01
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (276 reputation)Senior Member (276 reputation)Senior Member (276 reputation)Senior Member (276 reputation)Senior Member (276 reputation)Senior Member (276 reputation)Senior Member (276 reputation)Senior Member (276 reputation)Senior Member (276 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi, I just made a costume in marvelous designer, I exported as an OBJ, then in imported the file into 3d exchange. The character came into 3d exchange complete but the clothes where only half
complete, the whole backside is missing. Does anybody know how I can fix this please?

Regards 

Kieran
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Firstly did you select the pattern pieces when exporting from MD.
Also did you flip the back pattern pieces horizontally.
You could try to flip them in 3dXchange if they are separate pieces.
Because the export was obj there will be no bone rigging with the character so your clothes would have to be attached as an
accessory.
What you really need to do is export from MD only the pattern pieces. Then take them into a 3d software that lets you do rigging and skinning.
Hope the info helps.

Duchess Designs Store 

Reading This Topic