Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 5.4 & 3DXchange 5.4 Updates with Facial Animation

Author
bluemidget666
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
sorry, but no ... i think thats not right. Now, after RL makes a official fixed deadline...
now defenders spring out of the field and say .... we knowed this whole time and you are a bad bad complainer.

I think, much of believers are young and do homage their idol (RL) like a rockstar without questioning anything.
But not everyone is so uncritical.

What you ignore. I criticize 9 month of lame excuse and wrong information and announcements... and it´s not the first time, RL does that.
Robert

I have been one of the most critical members of this forum, so have many others the reason I am less critical now adays is the issues I brought up were fixed.

To say RL do this all the time is in error, I have never known a delay like this but now I see why. It left most of us scratching our heads as to why it was such a long delay but yes we had our fingers crossed that it was because they were going to deliver somthing special.

I have dealings with several small software developers and to me this is unusual for RL but not for many software developers. Project Messiah said buy it cheap now or pay more later with a "some time in the new year" .

I understand your frustration in having to wait. I am lucky I had other things to get on with so was in no big rush for it.

But you in particular have a dig at anyone who is not as annoyed as you are .. Were Sheep or idol worshiping. Then you say it is us who are having a go.

If you have a justifyed complaint (not saying you do not) then there is only so far you can go with it in the forum (I know from experience).

The only thing most of us could do was read the posts and comment onit with our own views. If you think we are all teenage sheep and say so ... well you aint going to get much sympathy are you.

IT is not us and them its just us the users. Some of us were not to annoyed at the delay, some of us were. End off !

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

animatom
animatom
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Post Removed By Moderator: Using profanity and personal insults is against forum rules.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic16933-102-1.aspx

Edited
11 Years Ago by animatom
RB3006
RB3006
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
animagic makes the only right statement ... All other is a question of position.
It will be a relieve when the updates are out and functional and we can all go back to work...

After this i answered only to yours comment (the one with the much tounges)

Robert

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

RB3006
RB3006
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
@animatom
thanks, it´s not gentlemenlike, but if this your diction.
Robert

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Nar not doing this Crazy

Edited
11 Years Ago by bluemidget666
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
when I posted here for the 29th time ever after a 2 year absence, I wondered what the Far Q sort of a vipers nest I had wandered into,
got called a Daz dingdong
had one regular poster here remove ALL his posts
and was basically told unless I used 3DxMax or bought Reallusion content to f off!

I bought 3Dx4 inspite of the forum negativity and found my Carrara rigged animations imported just fine!
was stoked and then Reallusion bent over with 3Dx5 pipeline to get all my other Daz content in too!
and out into Carrara!
so yes, am a RL fangirl, not so enarmoured of some forumites though.
but very forgiving Tongue
I tell many to buy iClone now BTW, did not in the past, and when this final feature is added will be telling many many more.

Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
bluemidget666 (1/19/2013)
Nar not doing this Crazy

Agreed. Not worth the hassle, been there and got the T-shirt.

Fortunately I have always been able to wait, fortunately Reallusion have always delivered and without their support I would not have be able to do the things I do.

Not a fanboy just a happy customer Tongue

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
oh yeah.. now kiddies.. play nice! w00t if I may say my peace here for a moment.. i am one of those complainers. why? well, i bought IC5 and really enjoyed using it. i thought it was greater than sliced bread. after all IC4 worked great. and since i had spent a huge amount of my hard earned cash on content, so i can do my thing. make da movies to make my little niece laugh. anyway.. when the dreaded patch of doom.. screwed up my IC5, i got pissed! I (like everyone else) had the right to complain. what woked before, does not now. one such problem is the expressions. i like to use them. quicker then the puppet, so i can get on with the other motions. after all, got to keep my beautiful niece happy. she loves her uncle's videos. so.. they kind of fixed the expressions.. but not really. i can't use 90% of them with out the lanky eye crap. so i am hoping they fix that. if i want to use expressions (other than puppet) i have to open up IC4. create the CLP, and important into IC5. result.. it works.. but eats up memory. slows the puter down.. so now i am stuck (till it's fixed) with taking alot more time to do my thang. running 2 programs at the same time. when i should not have too!!!!  my point?

people have the right to complain when patches are bad. and a product they love suffers on account of it. we don't complain for the fun of it. or to complain for the sake of complaining. we complain when a product we love and think highly of gets messed up. yes, mistakes happen.. programmers get stupid and do stupid things. but still. we paid for a product that is supposed to work as promised. is that too much to ask? is it? or are we to just "shut up and take it"?

i love Iclone! i praise it! but, but the patch of doom was the straw that broke the camel's back. and so i complained.. if you got a problem with that.. too bad. Tongue

and so.. here we are with a interesting thing about to happen.. a new patch with bells and whistles.. and promises too.. i hope they come true. i hope things get fixed. and the new stuff will work. yes i do. looks very promising indeed. i have been waiting for a very long time to see if RL will do what they say they will do. hopefully they will. i love their products. they are very good. but when poop happens.. i will speak! i will state my case! as for those of you who do not complain.. glad your happy! glad you are willing to settle with anything. i am glad. but please keep in mind. to move forward to greater things. you must speak up. or you will just settle to the bottom of the tank. and be food for the bottom feeders. BigGrin

and they are hungry! w00t

vidius

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I do not disagree with anything you have said Mr Vidius other than to say your complaint is different to the 3Dx5 issue, as it is a legit issue that needs fixing.

Everyone has the right to complain when something goes belly up, its the only way things get fixed. This us and them argument though does not stand up, go to the Iclone issues post and you will see mine and many other "RL Praisers" names there with our own complaints.

When it comes down to the release of 3DX5 upgrade my view (and my view only) is I need the right tool, if it takes 9 month to get me it I will wait happily,, Others do not see it that way, and its turned into "Complainer" V "Praisers" like we are two warring factions.

Just silly Tongue especially as your just as likely to come under attack for deffending RL as you are for making a complaint ..

Any way its pray time ..Must worship the mighty RL BigGrin

Edited
11 Years Ago by bluemidget666
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
sw00000p... I am not aware of any post you have made that has shown you do not know what you are talking about... in fact... I've learned things from your posts.

One thing we both know is that there will be more bad patches and updates as there are in a lot of programs. I get them from autodesk and adobe too and you would think with their resources they would keep that to a minimum. There are times I want to throw iClone in the trash but that is the same with most of the products I use... including Autodesk and Adobe which cost a lot more than iClone and have a lot more finances for R & D.

I understand users getting upset... I don't understand berating a company to make a point. I guess it works for a handful of folks in this forum because they do it time and time again... but I do have to wonder how much attention is really paid to the complaints by the same users that never seem to be happy with anything. Some folks just can't be pleased and that is usually identified and dealt with accordlying by all companies. Company time and resources cannot be wasted on these people unless the are the majority of users and by then... the product would be a complete failure or we'd still be at version 2.X. I'm NOT speaking for Reallusion here either as I don't work for them.

And since I don't work for Reallusion I can say there is some truth to the fact that iClone is just not the answer for some users and they should probably move on for their own personal development as an animator.

sw00000p (1/19/2013)
warlord720 (1/18/2013)
Complainers will still have something to complain about... that easy button is still missing... particularly those that talk like they have vast experience with 3D while making posts that prove just the opposite.

This is an amazing feat to pull off when you can take someone with little or no experience and have them converting characters.

warlord are you referring to me? "...particularly those that talk like they have vast experience with 3D while making posts that prove just the opposite."

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

Reading This Topic