Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 5.4 & 3DXchange 5.4 Updates with Facial Animation

Author
Bruce (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Dear 3DXchange Users,

We would like to apologize for the delay of 3DXchange 5.2’s facial animation features.

We have had unforeseen delays as this exceptionally powerful update has slowly developed beyond our original plan. With this new release, not only will we support facial bone animation from any head rig, but we will also support morph-based facial animations made in DAZ, ZBrush and other 3D sculpting tools. In addition, you will be able to create sophisticated morph + bone rig animations with great results.

Users will be able to use the same tools to enhance existing iClone characters. All imported character will be able to use the lip-sync and look-at functions, live facial puppeteering, and face key editing if the corresponding face poses have been mapped. You can also create your own custom puppet profiles for specific facial performances. The new update will also release a new facial learning pack to show you how to work with different types of character morphs, bones, and bone + morphs.

This new update is almost ready. Here are some 3DXchange5 screen shots of converted characters with facial features.

Bone-based Face Mapping

Morph-based Blend Shape Mapping

Bone Quality + Morph Animation

Users can start to imagine how this powerful feature will benefit them. Currently, we are still in the testing stage as new additions have been decided. We kindly ask that you please wait a little more for all these amazing updates to release.

We have officially announced that the facial animation features would come with iClone 5.4 and 3DXchange 5.4 updates in 2013, Q1. Thank you so much for your long time support on the iClone Animation Pipeline, and we really hope to see more of your amazing projects in the near future.

Sincerely,

The Reallusion Team

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

wendyluvscatz
Smile
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
awesome Reallusion, just AWESOME!!!! Cool

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Way to go Reallusion!!! You took a good idea and made it better.w00t
Edited
11 Years Ago by rampa
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Sooo... if I'm reading correctly... is this bone + morph animations for ANY body part or ANYTHING in general... or just characters?

This is still awesome either way. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
djmulcahy
djmulcahy
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)Veteran Member (793 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hmmm... looks sweet.

I'm going to stop complaining and wait. Things are looking good. BigGrin

Read "A Simple Scribe" on Kindle, a dark fantasy graphic novel made with iClone!    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0DGK4L

animatom
animatom
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Bravo.
Bruce, if you need help in testing, I'm here...
Smile

Also, guys, I hope you realize how big and important this is; iClone will now be officially first realtime engine on Earth with this kind of possibilities right out of box.

Edited
11 Years Ago by animatom
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Looks wonderful!!!

But... "We have officially announced that the facial animation features would come with iClone 5.4 and 3DXchange 5.4 updates in 2013, Q1" ... might mean up end of March Doze
Hope not that late :-)

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Good point.

But if that's the case, it'd be nice to post up a bit more of what it can do around the end of February just to keep people's spirits up.

like "hey, you can import these types of morphs." or something.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
This is more than expected and , I think, even more than originally plannedw00t
Respect RL looks very good
I'm looking forwardSmile

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

RB3006
RB3006
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
maybe it's better to wait .... and then to praise and celebrate.
It is not the first good news that dissolves into air.
I will believe, wen it runs on my pc

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

Reading This Topic