Posted By renjain 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Saving error - File will not open - File went to 0 bytes

Author
renjain
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I received the attached error when I went to save (see attached also):

"Error saving project file. Please check your access right to file and the disk space, or change the temporary folder path in preference setting."

There are three different possible errors suggested above (admin rights, disk space, temp path)
-I was logged in as admin and I was not saving to a protected folder
-I have enough disk space
-It wouldn't allow me to remap to another temp folder

I was forced to quit out of the program as my changes could not be saved without that error popping up. I went back to open the file and it is at 0K. Please tell me my file is not dead. Help!
Attachments
cta_error.png (678 views, 36.00 KB)
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
that sounds like a system error, I'd try running a defrag on your system. This usually tries to fix any linked / cross linked files or at least tries to remove any system errors to prevent it from happening again. I'd also try to reach tech support to double check that the way cta is installed in your system isn't causing it. i've never experienced problems like that from ic5 or cta, but i have experienced the system doing that with any program thats up at the time. I'd also run a scan for viruses as well, a virus or a malfunctioning TSR program will cause errors like this as well.....(TSR, the programs you have running in the background )

if you are an intermediate level user, you could try this as well....disclaimer.. use with caution, and at your own risk....this works for my system, but not all systems are alike...

2 softwares I use to maintain my computer are ccleaner ...it cleans out garbage files and potential registry issues http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

and malwarebytes to scan for malware / viruses etc.. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

both programs have free versions.

Good luck!

renjain
renjain
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Unfortunately, that did not work. Does CTA have some sort of autosave and/or autorecovery built in?

Also, is there phone support available?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi Renjain

I see both you and planetstardragon are referring to CTA (CrazyTalk Animator) but I'm assuming by the error message you mean CrazyTalk 6 (CT6).

Unfortunately CrazyTalk 6 doesn not have autosave so this won't help in this case.

I'm not sure if the problem is happening to just one single project or happening to all projects but certainly I would advise you contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to help you try and resolve this issue.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

williamafranks
williamafranks
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Did you find a solution to the problem?

Reading This Topic