Skin tearing through clothes

Posted By bobdoyle 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bobdoyle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm doing a mixmove with Gwynn...the Cyberwolf version. As she is doing here sitting/talking motion, her skin tears through her clothes a few times around the underarm area. Is there a way to make some adjustments so that doesn't happen?

----

Meet Bob Doyle
World's Greatest (iClone) Interview with Bob Doyle
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
You could create an opacity map.
Open the skin template in your image editor as a guide and paint black blurred shapes on the bits you want invisible on a white background save it and use it in your opacity channel.
This is a common way to fix pokethrough in other 3D software such as Poser etc

Alley
Alley
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Can you post a picture?  An opacity map could work, depending on the style - if it is short sleeves, it is tricky to get the opacity map just right.

Alley

bobdoyle
bobdoyle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Here's an example of the kind of thing I'm talking about.

----

Meet Bob Doyle
Alley
Alley
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Basically you would have to launch the "Upper" Skin Layer and create an opacity map for the skin by createing a layer that is all white, and a black area just where that little hole is.  Then save that as a jpeg and apply it to the skin upper opacity.   However, it is very difficult to pinpoint the exact spot, as the skin layer, and the cloth layer are completely different.  It is mostly trial and error. 

My advise is to change positions.Tongue  But seriously, the other option would be to try and colour the skin diffuse layer in that spot in a similar colour, to help mask it.  Launch the skin upper and paint that area the same colour as the top - but again, it is tricky to pinpoint the exact spot.

Gwynn default by RL has the skin invisible in that area - which cloth is that based on?

Maybe the max users has a more precise way of isolating those spots for making opacity maps but underarm holes in certain positions have been a long standing issue. 

Alley

Edited
12 Years Ago by Alley
Apparition
Apparition
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Well! I have the best solution!

Just wait a few more days and get the "EasyCloth" C4G5 female Cloth Base from Apparition.

It is a certified punch proof system designed to make users a happy cloth designing experience!

Also in even less time the "Classic Contempo" line of Female characters will introduce NEW G5 female Avatars, including a gorgeous collection of garments all built around the new High Performance C4G5 cloth base system by Apparition and crafted in style and elegance by Alley.

So far, with the type of mesh shown in the pictures, the best advice is to "hide" or make invisible parts of the skin mesh which poke through! Not an easy task do to the strange way the Avatar skin is mapped with an uneven UVW distribution system.

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

bobdoyle
bobdoyle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Apparition (1/12/2012)
Well! I have the best solution!

Just wait a few more days and get the "EasyCloth" C4G5 female Cloth Base from Apparition.

Sounds good! Do you have an existing store?

I think I'm understanding what's happening in my case. I made a bunch of "upper bodies" out of the G5 characters so that I'd have a library of them to mix and match the upper and lowers from the various G5 avatars I have. I think I may have put the upper body on an avatar that had been changed. I'm sure that if I used the original Gwynn with that shirt on, this would not have occurred.

So...my bad. Smile

Looking forward to an easier way to create outfits!

Bob

----

Meet Bob Doyle
LarryPlane
LarryPlane
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I wouldn't be so sure on that. I have used original figures (although they were scaled) and I have seen poke through in the arm areas. That disappointed me as I thought iClone didn't suffer from this.

The new cloth sounds cool though. When will it be here?

Apparition
Apparition
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Paul!

It is not iClone who is suffering. It is the process somehow you used to create the cloth.
It is not that easy....
Takes sometime to learn.

Good luck!

Mike

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

LarryPlane
LarryPlane
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Apparition (1/13/2012)
Paul!

It is not iClone who is suffering. It is the process somehow you used to create the cloth.
It is not that easy....
Takes sometime to learn.

Good luck!

Mike

I was using a default figure with default clothes, I didn't alter anything or create anything, I just animated the body and got a poke through.

Reading This Topic